If you have been exercising and eating a well balanced diet, your will-power is about to be challenged in the next 2 months! First we have Halloween, and all that candy. Next, we have a Thanksgiving feast, then the December holiday parties that lead into the New Year’s eve celebration. But don’t panic, having 1 or 2 days of overindulgence won’t destroy all the gains that you have made. You just have to get your body working right again.
Here are 9 foods to eat the day after you splurge that will get you back to function.
- Artichokes stimulates bile flow. Bile helps the body digest fats and can potentially clear the inflammatory substances found in fatty foods.
- Avocadoes provides your body with healthy, monounsaturated fats and glutathione, which are a great way to help support your liver in the cleansing process.
- Beets possess powerful anti-inflammatory properties. Inflammation can occur throughout the body and you may be feeling some of the symptoms, such as headache, fatigue, and change in appetite, after splurging the night before.
- Broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, and Brussels sprouts all are full of fiber and antioxidants. The high fiber content will prevent you from overeating again and provide your body with nutrients to get you back in the game.
- Garlic and onions contain flavonoids, which stimulate the production of one of the liver’s strongest antioxidants, glutathione which can boost your immune system.
- Herbal tea can flush your body of toxins and keep you hydrated.
- Kale is a great source of glutathione, which is necessary for the detox of the liver. Also, eating high-fiber vegetables, such as kale, will get your gut moving and leave you feeling better in no time.
- Lean source of protein, such as eggs, chicken or fish. For breakfast, you can make an omelette with mixed vegetables, and for lunch or dinner, you can make a salad or grilled vegetables with your choice of protein.
- Rehydrate! After a night of indulgence, you need to drink plenty of water and you can even add lemon for improved digestion and added flavor.
If you need help with your nutrition or are having trouble losing weight, Back to Function can help. One of our highly skilled BTF doctors can guide you safely and effectively on the road to feel and perform better.Please call 310-534-1900 or email email@example.com to schedule your assessment today!