If you are looking for a way to improve your health, start focusing on nutrient-dense foods. Nutrient dense foods, called superfoods, can help decrease your risk of disease, maintain a healthy body weight and increase vitality. If your ready to supercharge your health, then start eating these 12 foods every day.
- Kale – Low calorie, no fat and high in fiber, protein, calcium, magnesium, iron, Vitamins A,C & K and loaded with antioxidants. Great for detoxifying your body. This could be the healthiest of all foods!
- Pumpkin – Packed with carotenoids that protect against free radicals. Also protect your skin and eyes from ultra-violet light.
- Dark Chocolate – Surprised? High-cocoa chocolate can lower blood pressure and cholesterol. It also contains serotonin which acts as an antidepressant. Do NOT eat milk chocolate.
- Cranberries – Help prevent bacteria-causing infections, particularly in the bladder and urinary tract.
- Blueberries – Packed with antioxidants which help fight cancer and other diseases.
- Tomatoes – Loaded with lycopene, which reduces the risk of prostate, breast. lung and other cancers and has heart-protective effects.
- Spinach – Low calorie, high in fiber, magnesium, iron, calcium, potassium and Vitamins A, K, B2, B6.
- Almonds – 1 handful of almonds can reduce hunger and heart disease risk while lowering cholesterol.
- Cherries – Can reduce body weight and fat, inflammation and cholesterol which lowers heart disease risk.
- Broccoli – 1 cup can provide many vitamins and minerals along with fiber and protein.
- Garlic – Can improve the strength of the immune system and also supports the circulatory system.
- Red Wine – Contains polyphenols that are good for blood vessel protection. Do NOT consume more than 1 small glass of wine per day or 3 glasses per week.
Make sure to add these foods to your grocery list as part of a healthy diet to supercharge your health.
If you would like help with a nutrition program, please give us a call at 310-534-1900 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.